Sunday, April 25, 2004

Skinny Dipping in Blogdom

Finley, I have taken the leap into the unknown - the internet aquarium called the BLOG, into the chasm we call the mind I stumble..... I admit my nervousness but on the eve of 40 this 'thing' seems appropriate. As I reflect on my life and the feelings invoked by such a milestone I feel it is time to come to terms with who I am, and who I'm not. Swimming in the fish bowl for all to see totally freaks me out - but I will press on.

in my heart its just another approaching Monday but the flooding of gray matter that is supposed to reflect some form of intellect rejects this idea and fights back that it should mean something, that I should 'BE' somewhere or someone by now?

So, I will reflect and laugh and cry and contemplate my life inside the tank, like an exhibit at sea world. Sometimes I will swim gracefully other times I will sink behind a rock in shame of the nature we call human.

Ok, don't get me wrong, I hope this will not be a melancholy reflection of life lost or self pity, but one of beauty and grace tragedy and grief, my hope is to reflect life as I stumble or fly through it week by week, month by month, year by year. Maybe during this long swim I will come to terms with truth or maybe I will try to hold on to a few lies - time will tell...

my humanness my sinfulness my life torn and broken may still mirror although dim, a reflection of my lovely creator that will burst forth into new beauty and new light as I grow ever closer to His presence.

if you decide to gaze through the glass watching the ebb and flow of the water, the colors of life floating by, the dark cold places or the sunny warm spots perfect for resting, you are welcome to do so, this should be a safe place. But if you decide to jump in, free yourself from what binds you and come for a swim, you never know who you might encounter...... vir