Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The last couple of weeks

Let’s see what has been going on around here, Paula and Elaine blessed us by coming to town to spend Memorial Day with us Gina came over and we all went hiking at Huston woods, it was beautiful out. Grilled out had great conversation as always and a bit of prayer time. It felt like it had been forever since I had seen them so it was really cool.

Spent most of last week trying to deal with life I still have a million things to do and only one set of hands. I am having camera problems again so it is hard to document losses so I am trying to go through a small container in the garage every few days.

I still haven’t been able to make myself read the legal brief from the opposing counsel which freaks me out a bit because I like knowing what’s going on but I still feel too emotional vulnerable to subject myself to it., we just keep praying for a trial and freedom from all of it. I know I keep saying it and God always pulls us though but I really don’t know how much more we can take at times.

The garden is beautiful I bring fresh roses in the house every few days the perennials are starting to bloom wishing I had a flower budget! although last week I walked with Mom uptown in her wheelchair to the farmers market and the library and we stopped at the little garden store on the way home and burned the rest of our market money on a few annuals for the two pots on the front stoop – they look beautiful and cheer things up a bit more.

We lost almost three quarters of our food in the freezer again everything but the bottom shelf was totally thawed and ruined. I had to bake a twenty pound turkey on Saturday my brother and his wife came for dinner it was good to see them but I get very frustrated I asked for help with the turkey and they blew me off it was so heavy and then I almost cut myself trying to carve the damn thing. As, much as I love them they just tick me off asked for help with the dishes they ignored me again they just don’t seem to have a clue as to how much work it is to wait on them. I feel like the maid every time they come but I am so glad they are visiting (especially for mom) they only live thirty minutes away and they hardly ever visit her. Anyway, we gave Ginger most of the bird for her family I saved some to freeze and we will stop using the freezer it ticks me off cause it did this the first year after we bought it after the warranty was up and the worked fine it still seems to work something is definitely wrong and we cant afford the loss.

My friend’s puppies were born yesterday ~ good thing they weren’t born today or they would be dubbed little demons and no one would want them well maybe Satanists would lol! There are three spotted pups; they look just like their trailer trash daddy poor little things. Actually they are too cute and their dad would be cute too if anyone took the time to clean him up a little. So, now the real dilemma begins. At conception, when Otis violated his restraining order and broke into our sweet little innocent (never impregnated at 8 years old) Purdy’s yard, we were offered pick of the litter.

So, I swore the neighbors and everyone else to secrecy and so far mom is clueless she says she never wants another dog but then oggels every dog on the block and is almost gleeful when I pet sit and she can take them for walks with her wheelchair, I just don’t know what to do. I SO want a dog but I’m not sure if it is practical (fence vet bills etc) but I am already in love with them especially the runt I have always been a sucker for the underdog and his big brothers are already pushing him around. They probably bullied him from the womb! Actually I think he is a little fighter and helped push puppy number one the huge mammoth of a creature out of the way as he was the tiniest and the second born . First born was medium size oh no what if the huge mammoth is the underdog is stupid and adorable that’s all I need.

The kittens are getting big when I was over looking at the pups I saw them too they are growing eyes are opened but one looks like it is gonna be cross eyed so now my friend has three pups and five kittens born a little over a week apart to find homes for! So far I am resisting but one of them looks like my sweet kitty friend Je taime who I miss terribly ~ it will be a year in a few day’s I still live with the horrible memories of last year and it is difficult.


If we do take a pup I will need to get permission to build a fence then there are the expenses but my argument is what price for mom a little friend to take care of she is so lonely without Peanut. The pups mom is pure bread Shih Tzu dad is part Shih Tzu and mutt they are gonna be so, so cute, as if they aren’t now!

2 comments:

Ann said...

we ended up keeing Tommy. :)

vir said...

so glad you needed a kity firend - can he stay inside?