Sunday, May 30, 2004

Almost Famous

Cant sleep tonight, this morning(?) need to ramble, spent part of the day with my brother and his wife doing the family thang today two days free of hospital visits still wiped out but nice to have a little brake. My brother and I were having a conversation about the new gun laws how far does the government go and or individuals. Not being a fan of guns but trying to tolerate and respect the rights of individuals to choose to own them - however crazy that seems.... Talked about how my rights fit in as a person who would not feel comfortable around someone carrying a gun.

The smoking issue came up so I read him my pissed off at smokers blog entry, At that point he got the strangest look on his face and said that it sounded very familiar. He went on to tell me a local news station had been covering anti smoking issues and had read excerpts from internet blogs. We argued back and forth about the possibility that my blog was read when he exclaimed "did you use Vir?" he recalled the newsman saying "Thanks a lot Vir" in the closing statements and reporting that they could not reach me by e mail and directed listeners to the web address - I totally freaked out! My brother thought it sounded strangely familiar but who would expect to hear their sisters nick name on the news and connect the dots. Guess I just wasn't expecting internet fame so soon LOL!

My sister in law confirmed the story - my bro was not messing with my head. So now my blog and my narrow minded smoking opinions are famous, at least locally :) in just one month of blogging I have hit the big time! God help the tourists it may be getting crowded BTW -welcome to my aquarium...

No comments: