Sunday, May 16, 2004

Bitching about Smokers

My hair and skin have been permeated by smoke, I taste it, my head aches, my breathing is labored, and I am coughing. I hate cigarettes; I hate the selfish attitudes that can in some follow the right. I hate the lives lost from it, I hate the undercurrent of knowing and doing it anyway. So those of you reading this that are pissed at me for journaling such a thing- get over it! Don't write me don't tell me we all have to die sometime Don't send me your arguments of rights and challenge me to tolerance because I could care less, this is an issue I have little tolerance for I can love you and hate your choice. Sometimes I want to move to a state with half a brain that is not tolerant of public smoking. A world that outlaws smoking in any closed area sounds good to me. A child born today that doesn't know what a cigarette is in 5 years is even better! I love my friends but don't even try to make me like anyone's decision to smoke! Current Mood - Pissed Off and sick of watching those I love destroy themselves!

3 comments:

Ann said...

My grandma died of it. When they started people didn't really realize how bad it was. But when they did, she still didn't stop. She died of all kinds of lung complications. All the time I knew her I remember she could barely breathe and she walked all hunched over.

Anonymous said...

*hug*

-Kimmy

vir said...

Ann,

Sorry smoking contributed to your grandmothers death. Over half the 14 of the past year were smokers at some point in there livese or still smoking when they died. I just don't get it....