Monday, May 10, 2004

Great Men

Today brought with it Blessings

A friend home from the hospital and hopefully on the mend.
a visit from Sara with tales of Atlanta, my sweet friend also surprised me with treasure for my birthday and stories of a hero only recently recognized by those who usually wear blinders the person I admire most our 39 Pres. The Blessing(not excluding Sara of course) Living Faith autographed to me by the Man himself the public library awaits - my new treasure locked and guarded :)

Somewhat to my surprise, this has become a book whose core is love – the love that is possible among those who are closely related, among strangers allied by a common dream or faith, and even between people who begin by despising each other but find a way to see the image of God in each other’s humanity.

Returning to my beginnings, I see a number of times when what I believed I wanted most was challenged by a more difficult path. Whenever I had courage to choose that path, even in the midst of despair and uncertainty, I was given a glimpse of deeper truths that continue to sustain me.
Jimmy Carter

Wow - he is SO cool!

No comments: