Thursday, August 25, 2005

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting, Waiting....

Thought I better blog before the “blogger Nazi’s” show up at my door ready for torture :)

Over a week ago we were given an extension and two lawyers are investigating the case. Thanks to Elaine who saved the day by dropping off our file box we hope to hear something soon, um… like we think you have a great case and would LOVE to represent you and your mother!

I’m trying not to be anxious, praying like crazy for peace justice etc. I thought I would be happy about the continuance the fear I battle is that it is just drawing out things and “what if?” - trying not to think of it.

The last couple days have been good; I have started playing internet detective looking for old collage friends for a potential reunion next year. I have talked to almost half the class; don’t be impressed it is a very small school in the mountains and half the class is like 25 people! hehehe

The sucky thing is I have never been good at idle chit chat, I like reality so… although I would love to be all superficial about my life due to its pathetic nature, I find myself spilling….oh well.

The funniest thing about calling everyone has been there reaction to my singleness, apparently (and this will come as a shock to those who know me Now ferrsure! hehehe) People are in shock. I overheard someone whisper on the phone that I was her age and still single in a shocked southern accent. I on the other hand, was trying to be quiet as I lol so hard I had tears in my eyes trying desperately not to let this person know I had overheard her!

Another old friend from my dorm let out what sounded like a whimper of pain when I told her the news! I have also had the following other responses "your time will come" "I’m so sorry, that must be hard for you?" "So are you dating anyone?" yadda, yadda, yadda!

Last but not least the first response I received was one of my favovites ~ cause the guy who said it is too cool.

"CANT BELIVE YOU HAVNT SNAGGED A MAN, I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE THE FIRST TO FALL OFF THE SINGLE BAND WAGON....AFTER SCHOOL. OH WELL, REMEMBER WHAT PAUL SAID, "DONT SEEK A DUDE" ~~~~~~ "THEY JUST MUCK UP YOUR PLANS" ...:)

Gosh ya gotta luvim!

Maybe I was a different person then less jaded by the world I haven't dated as much since moving home compared to my early twenties. I think it is hard for some people to realize single is not a dirty word; I actually enjoy it most of the time and find myself blessed with freedoms my married friends do not have. Although I have many married friends with boat loads of kids that do everything you can think of so maybe it's your philosophy or maybe more realistically it’s how comfortable you and your mate are with your relationship, who knows?

So I am planning a reunion I may not even get to go too, but it is keeping my mind off gutted house stuff so... I do have to start documenting losses again and spread sheets of bills etc for our claim. Then there are the other three lawyers I need to call just in case. I am so not motivated and really don’t want to, it effects me in a not so nice way; its like I'm standing on a grenade and waiting for it to go off.

So I will try to call one lead or go threw one file or maybe take another hour today and play internet detective?

No comments: