Friday, June 25, 2004

Chaotic Phone calls and Blessings

So much happened yesterday, I awoke and began to pray and had a sense it would be a difficult God spoke to my heart about trust and pressing in it was all I could do the calls began early and the chaos continued. I spent more then 6 hrs on the phone almost non stop our situation seems to have become my full time job. It started with a business crisis then on to the real-estate agent calling to say they have potential renters in town to view the house and can they come to see it in an hr - thank goodness the 24 hr law saved us we will see if they come today?

Sent out an urgent prayer request and a friend was standing at our door with a proposition from a local businessman and a potential place to move. I will most likely see it today with my tape measure in hand unfortunately it sounds like it is not handicapped accessible and would require the selling or storage of most of our belongings and of course no room for business. Gosh, I sound ungrateful I hate that it has to be so complicated every road we seem to walk down seems to be a road block so…. We need to find the right road!

A cool call came from a business associate with a contact to investigate - that was encouraging we scheduled a meeting in a couple weeks and will see where we go from there. Hopefully things will just flow and begin to move in a new direction, time will tell...

Went to hang out with a friend to escape for an hr up town at the water fountains then on to Three Tree's it was nice but there was an undercurrent of stress we are both going through and exhaustion to match. A friend used to say to me jokingly Life is a bitch and then it makes puppies :) I think we have a large litter LOL!

The water fountains were nice tonight, but because of the music festival there must have been 20-30 high school students milling about it was still nice in spite of the crowd. Little kids ran and played with no cares screaming and giggling in delight the colors of the lights making there faces glow red white and blue (except for the mutant purple one which of course is my fav! :)

I was never a fan of tearing down The Tower because of its historical elements and fond memories but I have to admit the park has become a nice place to be. I have loved the peacefulness of hanging out uptown especially by the fountains at night.

I am finally getting sleepy again up and down writing in the blog and poking on the commputer all night daylight is breaking maybe I will catch an hr or two sleep before....?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vir,
Check out my thoughts from yesterdays blog. Hope all is well and continue to keep me posted.
I volunteered at SOS this year, Wed. and Thurs. and had such a blast!! I did 1 outreach and prayer team twice. (both nights) Chris Tomlin was there Wed. but I missed a lot of his worship b/c two girls came up for prayer early. That was fine though and I was glad we were there to pray for them. Last night someone named Steve Fee led worship which was awesome.... it was a good msg. that Andy Ransdale (sp?) had given to the youth... saw Andre (remember from Clifton) both nights, he was on tech team. All in all it was good, and now I am so pumped to volunteer next summer... lol... I've got awhile! =D Today is Heidi Baker, well for the weekend.... and I am waiting for Paula to call me to let me know when we are leaving.
Next week is my appt. with cardiologist so please keep that in prayer. (Thurs. at 2:30 P.M.)
Lot's of love sent your way sweetie!!! =D

EM :-) <><