Friday, June 04, 2004

Twenty Cans of Success & Who I Am in Christ

In an attempt to end the melancholy crap I keep struggling with I thought I would copy a couple of positives that keep me a float, need to read them more often!


Twenty Cans of Success

1 Why should I say I can't when the Bible says I can do all
things through Christ who gives me strength (Philippians
4:13)?

2 Why should I lack when I know that God shall supply all my
needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus
(Philippians 4:19)?

3 Why should I fear when the Bible says God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind (2Timothy 1:7)?

4 Why should I lack faith to fulfill my calling, knowing that God has allotted to me a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)?

5 Why should I be weak when the Bible says that the Lord is the strength of my life and that I will display strength and take action because I know God (Psalm 27:1; Daniel 11:32)?

6 Why should I allow Satan supremacy over my life when He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)?

7 Why should I accept defeat when the Bible says that God
always leads me in triumph (2 Corinthians 2:14)?

8 Why should I lack wisdom when Christ became wisdom to me from God and God gives wisdom to me generously when I ask Him for it (1 Corinthians 1:30; James 1:5)?

9 Why should I be depressed when I can recall to mind God's
lovingkindness, compassion and faithfulness, and have hope
(Lamentations 3:21-23)?

10 Why should I worry and fret when I can cast all my anxiety on Christ who cares for me (1 Peter 5:7)?

11 Why should I ever be in bondage knowing that there is liberty where the Spirit of the Lord is (2 Corinthians 3:17)?

12 Why should I feel condemned when the Bible says I am not
condemned because I am in Christ (Romans 8:1)?

13 Why should I feel alone when Jesus said He is with me always and He will never leave me nor forsake me (Matthew 28:20; Hebrews 13:5)?

14 Why should I feel accursed or that I am the victim of bad
luck when the Bible says that Christ redeemed me from the
curse of the law that I might receive His Spirit(Galatians
3:13, 14)?

15 Why should I be discontented when I, like Paul, can learn to be content in all my circumstances (Philippians 4:11)?

16 Why should I feel worthless when Christ became sin on my
behalf that I might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21)?

17 Why should I have a persecution complex knowing that nobody can be against me when God is for me (Romans 8:31)?

18 Why should I be confused when God is the author of peace and He gives me knowledge through his indwelling Spirit (1 Corinthians 14:33; 2:12)?

19 Why should I feel like a failure when I am a conqueror in all things through Christ (Romans 8:37)?

20 Why should I let the pressures of life bother me when I can take courage knowing that Jesus has overcome the world and its tribulations (John 16:33)?



Who i am in Christ


I am accepted...

John 1:12 I am God's child.
John 15:15 As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
Rom. 5:1 I have been justified.
1 Cor. 6:17 I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
1 Cor. 6:19-20 I have been bought with a price and I belong to God.
1 Cor. 12:27 I am a member of Christ's body.
Eph. 1:3-8 I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
Col. 1:13-14 I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
Col. 2:9-10 I am complete in Christ.
Heb. 4:14-16 I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.

I am secure...

Rom. 8:1-2 I am free from condemnation.
Rom. 8:28 I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
Rom. 8:31-39 I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God.
2 Cor. 1:21-22 I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
Col. 3:1-4 I am hidden with Christ in God.
Phil. 1:6 I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
Phil. 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven.
2 Tim. 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
1 John 5:18 I am born of God, and the evil one cannot harm me [beyond what God may allow].

I am significant...

John 15:5 I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.
John 15:16 I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
1 Cor. 3:16 I am God's temple.
2 Cor. 5:17-21 I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
Eph. 2:6 I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
Eph. 2:10 I am God's workmanship.
Eph. 3:12 I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Dr. Neil T Anderson, Freedom in Christ and Harvest House Publishers

No comments: